From: Lmvine1@cs.com [mailto:Lmvine1@cs.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 1:15 PM
To: compost_tea@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] CFM required and pumps

In a message dated 5/5/2003 4:01:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, peter@bennettvalleyvineyards.com writes:
I'm setting up a 250 gallon plastic fertilizer container for compost tea. Can anyone tell me how many cfm I need? Looking to keep the DO as high as possible.  I have a whitewater LT26 that puts out 4.2 CFM, but when I hooked this up to a soaker hose, I didn't get as much action as I was expecting.

Peter

Peter, I was told by P. Wagner of SFI NY as a minimum 1L/Minute per gallon which comes to .035 cfm per gallon.  For 250 gallons that says 8.8 CFM so according to that you are about half required.

Maybe the commercial brewers would like to comment on the above numbers and say if they agree/disagree.  They seem reasonable to me from what I know.
Dan Lynch
Long Mountain Vineyard

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor