Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: [compost_tea] Re: Filtering ACT

dave: thx for the info... but 2oz. in 25 gal, isn't that like 0,06% molasses? that would be far from the 5% I recall reading as a max. here in this forum...

>Subject: Re: Re: Filtering ACT

Alex - Maybe there are paint filters with different size holes?  I can filter five gallons about as quickly as it comes out of my 50 gal tank, maybe 30 seconds.  I put the 5 gal pail below the brewer outlet valve and hold the filter bag so the stream of tea passes through it.  A little shaking is needed sometimes to keep the materials moving to the bottom of the bag.  I don't substitute anything for molasses, just use less of it.  I've had good SFI numbers using 2oz. molasses in 25 gals of tea starting with a few pounds of vermicompost.
Dave

alex de mello

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here