Re: [compost_tea] B12

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:35:06 EDT

No, glyphosate interferes with metabolism of certain kinds of plants - don't
remember which kinds off-hand, but plenty of literature on that mechanism of
control.

It just so happens that the glyphosate is a good bacterial food. And thus
the rapid disappearance rate of glyphostae, IF YOU HAVE DECENT BACTERIAL NUMBERS
IN THE SOIL.

But, feed bacteria, and fungi are often out-competed. So the need to add
fungal foods to help out the fungi if you use round-up.

And there's the carrier situation with Round-up that you need to be aware of.
 But I have not tracked that information through the years, the people that
would be more likely to know would be the Campaign to Label Genetically
Engineered Foods.

Elaine
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic