[compost_tea] Re: Fruit Club Update

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:50:33 -0000

---Judi, How long are you "aerobically fermenting" this recipe at 78F?
 Thanks for the recipe info. I just yesterday applied a 270 gallon
batch on a field of alfalfa about 10 inches tall and a field I
planted alfalfa seed in today. I let the ACT go around 24 hours at
85F daytime and 60F nighttime. I only supplemented the batch with
molasses, a little oatmeal and a handful of bark which possibly was
full of fungi.. When i dumped the compost out I found red worms
alive. I've only made 2 areobic batches of ACT and this is the first
big batch. No lab testing done, Jeff. But I did apply strips of ACT
in the green(growing) alfalfa field plus my nozzles plugged many
times so I expect a striped field.. You use a special fish
hydroylsate too don't you, Judi? Dennis
 In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Judi Stewart" <js_at_o...> wrote:

> To 250 gallons well water at 78 degrees F. we added…
>
> To the chamber:
>
> 15 pounds vermicompost
> 5 pounds compost
> forest duff
> mushy green gage plums (with pits)
> fistful of hay
>
> In the tank:
>
> 10 ounces organic molasses
> 10 ounces fish hydrolysate
> 2 ½ cups humic acid
> 1 ¼ cups powdered seaweed
> 2 cups Azomite
> 1 cup oyster shell flour
> 1 cup granite dust
>
> Topping off the compost tea container:
>
> 1 teaspoon yucca per gallon if applied straight.
>
> Depending on many variables, the most important of
> which being my time, we've been using compost tea about every
> 2 to 4 weeks. The same members do not necessarily
> use compost tea each time. This is the first time using this
> recipe. The mix has changed each time we've made compost tea.
> We usually use 25 pounds of compost and vermicompost but they
> felt drier than before so we used 5 pounds less.
>
> A batch of compost was initially inoculated with oat flour for this
> brew but was scratched at the last minute because I didn't like its
> odor.
> It was sitting on the seedling mat, was warm, and smelled "off" but
> lost its offensive odor when it cooled. Decided not to take
> a chance when doing this for others. Decided to save it and try
> it myself in the Bitti.
>
> Judi

Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. h=
ttp://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM