[compost_tea] Re: New Subject Crown Gall

From: <laura_s_at_vaxxine.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:21:16 -0400

Last winter was brutally cold and did serious damage to the trunks of many
grape vines in our area (Niagara , Ontario) Winter damage allowed the soil
resident pathagenic bacteria to enter the wood and infect the vines. Our
whole area suffered serious economic losses as a result. Left untreated the
problem will persist into the next growing season.

The usual remedy is to cut out the gall and hope that the bacteria all goes
with the cut. I have been actively looking for a biological remedy which
could be incorporated into AACT. I have found a commercial product known as
Gattrol (Agrobacterium radiobacter (Strain K-84)) which claims to be
effective.

Do any listers have experience with this product ?

Does this beneficial bacteria appear to be the type that could be grown in
AACT or added to tea ?

Laura Sabourin
EcoVit Ecologically Sound Horticultural Products
Tea-riffic Aerobic Compost Tea and Acadian Seaplant Products
RR # 1
St Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P7
http://www.ecovit.ca
http://www.compost-tea.ca