[compost_tea] Re: measuring aeration

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:32:03 -0000

---Bob I know you're adding significant variables if you don't know
the number of microorganisms in your inoculum. Since you're not doing
plate counts and have no idea of microbes per cupful(packed or loose)
why not at least consider the varying amounts of water in the compost
and add compost on a dry basis rather than as is, even if you take
the compost for the test from your pile daily? Compost may vary
daily...
Dennis Kemnitz

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...> wrote:
> Misunderstanding - intended test is comparing O2 requirements
constant compost & nutrients one set in 10g water, one set in 50 g
water.. with equal air what will the D O2 be thru the cycle? Is O2
required related to water quatity or to microbe quantity?
> dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_y...> wrote:---Bob if you want to know
the moisture of the compost send some to
> KS along with a standard procedure, if you like and I'll run it for
> you. Send a little extra as I may want to run duplicates! Dennis
>

> In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...> wrote:
> > For your information - and others, Kirk Kevin and I are
starting

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511