Re: [compost_tea] cleaning machines

From: <wpb_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:17:34 -0800

> Then people can decide for themselves if this is an issue or not.
>
> Third, the reason elbows are an issue is that if you can't see or
> can't easily clean, then you have a brewer that either costs you a
> lot of money to use (time equals money) and adds on to the already
> high amount of time it takes to brew tea commercially because you
> have to stop, get out tools disassemble it, reassemble. Everybody
> decides what's important to them, but I think for this issue to be
> on the table as a factor in brewer selection, and as a point of
> consideration in brewer design, is helpful.
>
> Thank you for being a manufacturer who does not indulte in
> advertising and for using the list as it is intended, Bill - in
> partnership with others on the list who are interested in advancing
> knowledge about tea.

Point taken Chris, but what really makes my blood boil is that with all
these intellegent people on the list, cleaning shouldn't be an issue.
Will common sense ever prevail? Do these people bath regularly? I hope
so. We have a product that for good or bad reasons is contraversial with
respect to health and safety, not unlike any food processing or dare I
say even chemical processing. These people who whine about the time it
takes to clean a brewer would be the same people forming a class action
suit against a food precessor (AND the equipment manufacturer ) who
hadn't cleaned machinery and caused some illness, right? What's equally
disturbing is that these people probably do not test regularly and could
potentially be harming their families by applying tainted tea to their
gardens.
And the question of responsibility being put on the brewer mfg., well
don't get me started again. Is the mfg of a milkshake mixer responsible
for someone getting ill because the restaurant jockey is too busy or
lazy to clean the cup after a couple of days of use??? Does anyone need
more example???? I wish people on this list would read their post before
they hit send.
Bill