[compost_tea] Rodale report

From: Nic Pattison <nicksonstream_at_yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:53:52 +1300 (NZDT)

Fantastic to see some hard data and, at least with the
potatoes, positive results for CT.
Dr Ingham has already posted a response re. leaf
coverage.
So many factors come in to play in field research.
Here in NZ Hort+Research (GOvt funded facility)
included Compost Tea in a trial comparing various
controls for blackspot and mildew on apple trees. The
CT did not fare so great but the trial took place on a
plot of particularly stuffed trees growing in soil so
lifeless and utterly devoid of a living soil web it
never stood a chance. I made an observation at an
organic field day to the scientist in charge along
these lines and also invited him and his colleagues to
visit my orchard to check out my trees sprayed with
very little sulphur and lots of CT. My place isn't
perfect either but I have trees and fruit which I am
proud of. The scientists haven't visited (and my
orchard is right next door) and the 50 or so organic
growers present at the field day probably don't rate
CT top of their lists.
I hope to prove by performance a happening soilfoodweb
and CT cut it. Same reason I won't give the local
golf club CT to trial - they want to compare it whilst
continuing their usual chemical fungicide, pesticide
and fertiliser regime. Then tell me CT doesn't work.
Nic

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511