[compost_tea] Re: Archives

From: Bill Pleasants <Bill_Pleasants_at_aaahawk.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:16:40 -0400

I appreciate having a searchable archive. Since this list doesn't seem to =
be private, could the archive be made public and be accessed by Google?
Bill P.

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:08:20 -0700
   From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl_at_intrex.net>
Subject: Re: Archives: Nose against the candy store window - New alternate=
 location and format for a copy of some of the 2003-2004 archives plus enha=
nced search capability with Google

Re: [compost_tea] Archives: Nose against the candy store window - New alte=
rnate location and format for a copy of some of the 2003-2004

chriscreid wrote:

> Thanks to Seaneen for posting her info on pH. Seaneen, if you had
> more info in the original post and have it on your computer, could
> you repost it?
>
> The archives are not getting any easier to search.

Try this link:

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agriculture/composting/compost_tea-maili=
nglist/archives-2003-2004/threads.html

The older, original archives for this forum, the compostteas list, are here=
 FWIW:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/compostteas/

I plan to improve on this using better archiving software.

I have all the space I can use to house these and other archives for this l=
ist.
If anyone has a complete archive for compost_tea from the time it started o=
n Yahoo
and can put it on CD and mail it ot me I will put the entire thing online.
It will have to be in the format used by Netscape, Mozilla, Agent and a few=
 other mail client software packages,
Unix mail files OK too in case anyone is using Linux. As for Netscape or Mo=
zilla, for example, I need one of the two files it creates
for a mail folder, a text file, always the biggger of the two and it can ha=
ve a file extension or not. The complete archives will be a
file in excess of 50 megs or so; just burn it onto a CD.

I can create message archives like this out of any email or text data conve=
rted to email format. This would be useful in creating archives
on specific topics, i.e. brewer manufacturers, materials used in making com=
post tea, etc. Find or create email on that topic and save it all
to a folder then copy the text file to a CD and mail it to me for conversio=
n to an online archive. Examples of this exist here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/CompostCompostteaSoilfo=
odweb

One benefit of having archives for this list at this alternate location is =
that all information contained therein gets indexed by Google
and other search engines enabling you to search effectively for the informa=
tion you are seeking. Google indexes all info on ibiblio very
thoroughly. Try it out at this search URL (I can improve on this also): ht=
tp://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/google-lists.html

> I tried to find Seaneen's original post on her pH problem and spent
> at least 10 minutes trying to come up with the right search term
> ("Seaneen" seemed to work best) -- never found the post. The server
> cut out on me twice - once with a message saying there was no more
> storage room, and another time saying the list was temporarily
> available. I gave up. Multiple searches are necessary because the
> server only searches a limited number of posts at a time.
>
> Serious students of compost tea may want to keep digests in a folder
> on your hard drive or zipped on a compact disk. Much easier to deal
> with.
>
> Chris Reid

LL
--