[compost_tea] Re: Re: CTTF Report - Tests (and others)

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:15:48 -0700
Steve -- Thank you for the context reminders and comments.  I agree 99% -
the 1% is for how much I trust USDA on compost tea right now, and my belief
that 99% of compost teas tested will pass these tests.  (So where's the
problem?  USDA should certainly be tasked with reporting these tests if they
won't fund anything else.)

Good insights.  I'm actually in 100% agreement.  Very much appreciate your
participation here, too.  Will you inform us of comment timeframe, protocol,
etc, or do I need to figure that out?

Has anyone seen anything in the Federal Register?

Jeff -- I disagree!  NOP adoption of compost tea is the single most
important thing in front of there being a viable compost tea industry
presently, I think.  The singing detective in me tells me that's true, and
the ACT nut in me tells me there is no better place to talk about it than
here, and it needs to be talked about, hmm?

I want them to get it as right as possible.  Steve said this bunch of people
figured at CTTF.  We can be a strong voice and to do that we need to know
what we are talking about.  My experience on this kind of stuff is that
people need to bat it around - "to get it right."

I mean, USDA may have driven us here, but talking about coliforms and
shigellas and salmonellas and other natural pathogen uglies seems both
necessary and not a bad idea.  I'm learning a bunch.

Some of this stuff might be off list material but right now it's on the US
federal table and I think it bears some attention for some time... it'll
pass.  I hope successfully.

Appreciate anyone in Chicago tomorrow telling us what happened at NOSB.

-- Kirk

Yahoo! Groups Links