[compost_tea] US Composting Council WASRe: Thermophilic stage of composting

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:40:58 -0000
---Thanks Perry, Have you attended any of USCC's events? Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Perry Clutts" <addy@a...> wrote:
> Hey Dennis,
>
> I got a package form US Composting Council. There is a blurb about
Compost Tea workshop.

> Will learn basics of compost tea microbiology, production, quality
assessment, and applications. Course instructors are Cindy Salter,
Research Director for Growing Solutions and the Ex. Director of the
Compost Tea Industry Assoc. (CTIA) and Compost Tea Education and
Research Foundation (CTERF). Vicki Bess/Brantlee Richter of BBC Labs
will provide an overview of the microbiology of compost tea and its
role in plant disease suppression. Tyler Tuttle of Biorem, INC. will
present nuts and bolts of information on how they produce, market an
apply compost tea in their business in Holden, Utah.

> Says you can email/call for special conference/membership offer....
>
> Perry

BUT
>   after looking at their prices I'll have to find a scholarship to
get
>   in the front door. <grin> January is a great time to get out of
>   Kansas for a few days and Texas is kind of in the neighborhood.
>   haven't located their entire agenda (compost tea seminar speaker)
yet
>   as I am interested in it as well.. Are you speaking there??
Dennis
>   Kemnitz
>

>   In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb@a... wrote:
>   > That would be great if true compost tea brewers were there!
Will
URL "http://www.biconet.com/compost/thermometer.html"
>   > >> >
>   > >> >Presume you do not want to bury a series of low cost
digital
>   units
>   > >from
>   > >> >housewares down your windrows. Info from a series of hi/low
>   > >recording
>   > >> >might be interesting.
>   > >> >
>   > >> >
>   > >> >On 2004, Jul 28, , at 5:08 PM, dkemnitz2000 wrote:
>   > >> >
>   > >> >> They have compost tea on the agenda
>   > >> >> this year. Where can I get a long stem thermometer to
monitor
>   > >meso
>   > >> >> and thermo conditions? Thanx. Dennis Kemnitz
>   > >> >>
>   > >> >>
>   > >> >Terence
>   > >> >