Re: [compost_tea] low phosphate?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:18:33 EDT

Hi Thomas and Lynton -

Yes, I think that's correct. More than enough P in soils, especially if you
have the mycorrhizal fungi.

Mycorrhizal Applications just posted another experiment showing these kinds
of results on their website, although without the explanation that Thomas and I
are trying to express. Replicated testing bears out that the biology must be
doing what we are talking about.

It is fine by me to put this on the BD Now website. We need to have these
discussions, and have people understand what biology can do. Thomas' point
about too much P encouraging weeds is very important to understand.

Thank you for helping all of us understand this better, Thomas!

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institue Cambridge, New Zealand
Soil Foodweb Inc., Hilversum, The Netherlands
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho