Re: [compost_tea] a resounding win for compost tea!!

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:53:18 EDT

Thank you so much for this report! I was worried too when the grapes were
splitting, but didn't see much we could do. Good to hear the grape juice was
still first class.

Mike does a great deal ro make sure his tea has the organisms. Air. Good
foods. This is the critical difference - he never stops working to make sure
the tea has the right mix of organisms.

And so he gets results.

I just got off the phone to a friend who used compost tea produced by
ourselves in 2003 on his grape vines.
He has had the wine made into preserveative free wine using native yeasts and
says the quality has been outstanding and is very excited about the future
for his wine production. I will be able to taste the wine soon.
This was from grapes where compost tea only, was used to reduce Powdery and
Botrytis. It has been a very sucessful venture for him even though it did not
seem to be all that promising at harvest due to split fruit from hail resulting
in some Botrytis. This has been a resounding win for compost tea!!
Thanks to you all and Doc Elaine particularly.

Regards Mike Harvey
http://www.newlifesoils.com/

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa