Re: [compost_tea] Re: Just a thought . . .

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:30:28 -0800 (PST)
Tom, don't take this as any disagreement except one.

As I read this post, this list is not the place for my
thoughts on sales or even anecdotal results unless
they want to have those reports scrutinized by those
more steeped in the scientific method. The list has
not appeared to me to be closely censored and I assume
you are not planning to start now. Yet, I think some
of us should censor ourselves for the sake of staying
closer to the purpose.

I do question whether you can speak for what farmers
want. Some, such as farmers or sales people who want a
different course should start a list which would not
have to complete with this list. Unless I have science
to report then I feel my place should be to ask
questions of those involved in basic research and who
feel they have progressed far enough to recommend
based on that research.

As interesting as Betsy's cow story was it did not
reach science and personal attacks surely do not
qualify.

If I missed the point let me know?

--- Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com> wrote:

> "It is the list administrators' intentions to
> protect the integrety
> of the science of compost teas and their benefits by
> promoting
> science over ancedotal "evidence." "
>
> If innuendo is sufficient for some so be it, but
> don't assume all
> farmers have disdain for good science.
>

> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, John R
> <littlejohnnyr_at_y...> wrote:
> > I can't help but notice how long a thread will
> > progress before the concept of
> peer-review/scientific
> > credibility etc creeps in then takes over. Usually
> > three comments at most. I guess it is
> unsurprising, as
> > many of the regular contributors rely on the
> benefits
> > of ACT for a living.
> >
> > However I do wonder just how important this is.

=====
Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as
cocaine, alcohol, cigarettes,etc