[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Light Writings

http://www.rt66.com/~jimbones/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - Venaura Farm - Chapel Hill, NC, USA
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu  http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
mailto:llondon@nuteknet.com  http:nuteknet.com/london  Venaura Farm
Title: Light Writings

* Light Writings *

* * *  * * * * *

Photographs, like everything else we see, are fugitive illusions derived from light. It causes mist to rise, wind to blow, and rain to water the land. Scattering, sunlight makes the sky blue, and striking chlorophyll, it makes green plants grow. Animals harvest its energy as blades and stems and seeds. Gas, oil, coal, plastics, minerals, and metals, all are vibrating particles of light. The atmosphere, the oceans, the very rocks of the planet are the distillate dross of our star.

*

Slow Down, Take Time, Be Like Water

* Explore *

Fukuoka "Natural Farming" -- -- Seed Balls: -- I -- II -- III -- IV

The Way Of Nature

***** *****

Biodiversity --------------- Agriculture ----------------- Watershed

Islands of Wildness ----------------------- Sustainable Agriculture ---------------------- Rio Grande Basin

Fresh Water & Islands --------------- Jeavons Biointensive Farming --------- Rio Grande Restoration

Tundra & Needleleaf Forests --------- York Biodynamic Farming ----------- Rio Grande Riverkeeper

Temperate Rain Forests --------------- Jackson Prairie Polyculture -------------- Silvery Minnow Page

Deciduous & Wet Tropical Forests ---- Mollison Permaculture ----------------- Colorado Water Data

Dry Tropical Forests & Shrublands ------- Food For Thought ----------------- New Mexico Water Data

Mountain Forests & Grasslands ------- A Child's Letter For Life -------------------- Texas Water Data

Cold & Warm Winter Deserts ---------------------------------------------------------- El Camino Real History

* NPR - Living On Earth * New Mexico Seed Ball Report *

River Citizens Along The Rio Grande Share Their Seed Ball Experiences

* Forest Fire Open Letter * Restoration I-II-III-IV *

Community Seed Balls In Action By The Rio Grande/Rio Bravo

* Voices Of The River * Voces Del Rio *

Rio Grande/Rio Bravo Satellite Watershed Broadcast

*** Send Your Comments ***

*** GLOBAL CROSSROADS EXIT LINKS ***

BearBones Exchange --- Bandwidth Conservation Society

Alacran Press --- Overland Network --- Todd Jagger

Arid Lands News --- World Conservation Center --- AEO WebDirectory

National Agricultural Library --- SunSite Agriculture Archives

Purdue Weather --- EarthWatch Satellite --- LANL Weather

NativeNet --- Natural Heritage Network --- EnviroLink --- Riverway

Far Flung Adventures --- Children Page --- LANL Rio Grande WWW

Natural Farming --- Biointensive Farming --- Biodynamic Farming

Land Institute Farming --- Permaculture Farming --- Organic Farming

Soil --- What Is Soil --- The Soil Resource --- Soil Water Quality

Mycorrhizas --- INVAM Fungi --- Fungi Perfecti --- The Ancient Ones

Communications For Sustainable Future --- Man And Biosphere

World Population --- Climate Changes And Food --- Population Facts

A Test --- Planet Earth --- Solar System --- I Ching

Beauty redeems a heart that loves the world.

Paradoxically, in wild pursuit of life we leave the greatest mark in all we leave untouched. So save for the children's sake a little unspoiled land, and love and grace and green leaves may in time heal the wounded earth.

*

Jim Bones

Photographer & Educator

P. O. Box 22

Tesuque, New Mexico 87574

jimbones@rt66.com

*

Spring Desert Photo Workshop

Big Bend National Park - Biodiversity

March 23 - 28, 1997

Contact Big Bend Natural History Association - (915) 477-2236

All Photographs And Text On This Web Site Are Copyright (C) 1996 Jim Bones

Unless Otherwise indicated

Whole Earth Images Courtesy NASA

*

* Light Writings *

http://www.rt66.com/~jimbones

jimbones@rt66.com

 * SiteVisitors * - - - - - - - - - - - * - - - - - - - - - - * Posted - January 1996 *