Village: Food

http://muskie.biostat.umn.edu/~jessica/food.html

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Title: Village: Food

The Village

A set of links to topics of interest to the
Self-Sufficient Sustainable Village

Food

What is more basic than food? It is (one of) our (few) primary, daily, essential connections with the Universe. Providing it for ourselves is a radical, subversive act, but no more radical or subservsive than the siezure of this capability by the industrialized system. Lots and lots of possibilities here...to impose some kind of organization, I've broken it up into the elements of the process:

growing | preserving | consuming | locally self-sufficient system

Growing Food

News Groups

WEB sites

Top of this page | All News Groups | All WEB sites | Main Village Page

Preserving Food

News groups

Still searching for info on indigenous methods of food preservation (after all, people have been eating for some 10,000 years, and only in the last 50 or so has most of our food been preserved by mega-corporations...if we are going to be self-sufficient, we'll have to relearn old methods). A few links to the more contemporary institutionalized, industrialized system:

WEB sites

Top of this page | All News Groups | All WEB sites | Main Village Page

Consuming Food

How to eat what we grow...

News groups

WEB sites

Top of this page | Main Village Page

Locally Self- Sufficient System

WEB sites

Top of this page | Main Village Page

this page maintained by jekke xonee
e-mail to: jessica@gopher.ccbr.umn.edu
last update: March 15, 1997

The contents of this and related pages have not been sanctioned by the University of Minnesota or any other organization; they reflect the opinions, proclivities and temperaments of the author.