Update on Wazzu.A macro virus
- To: Ag-Impact@mtn.org (Receipt Notification Requested), email@example.com (Receipt Notification Requested)
- Subject: Update on Wazzu.A macro virus
- From: Alison Hess <Alison.Hess@usda.gov>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:44:00 -0400
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: Normal
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: IA5-Text
- Priority: Normal
- Sensitivity: Personal
- UA-Content-Id: Update on Wazzu.
- X400-MTS-Identifier: [/P=GOV+USDA/A=ATTMAIL/C=US/;33E0B561.E27E.2EE2.000]
I've heard back from a few of you that believe you may be infected, so
I'm posting this to the entire group.
Information on the Wazzu.A macro virus can be found at
and probably at a number of other sites. This one, however, has
instructions for how to determine if you have been infected and a
(tedious and lengthy) way of cleaning it out.
One site for macro virus scan and protection software can be found
There is a limited free version of F-PROT that you may download
through this site, but I*m not sure it will kill the wazzu macro virus (there
are several varieties). You also may purchase a copy of the full F-PROT
software through the site. We procured a copy of F-MACROW that
specifically scans for and kills macro viruses through a cooperating
organization, so I don*t know the cost.
Alison L. Hess