[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Moratorium Called on Genetically Modified Foods

So what your saying is sneak it in and not let the public know.  Hide the
truth from them.  hum mm   because maybe they will not buy it.  I guess you
have a good point there. Good idea. What happens when they find out? People
would not buy food that they thought went through irradiation because it was
labeled so the answer is easy don't label it and  just don't tell them after
all they don't have the right to know.  Like the cigarette companies . Just
don't let the people know what we are doing to their food.  nice idea and it
seem to be working as they got the USDA to go  along with it and we seem to
be keeping the American and other countries ignorant . Boy got to hand it to
the folks that came up with this idea.

At 10:57 AM 8/19/96 EDT, gator wrote:
>In article <4uspep$39@sjx-ixn1.ix.netcom.com>
>ewcp@ix.netcom.com(Eating With Conscience) writes:
>>
>>>Larry Caldwell wrote:
>>I agree.  If there is nothing wrong with genetically manipulated foods,
>>why not advertise?  If I were to market something new and wonderful, I
>>would want to shout it from the mountaintops.
>
>because the american public has an intense fear of anything new and
>different.  if anybody can print something that raises the least bit
>of question, then the american public will shun that product.  for an
>example, take a look at egg consumption from the early 70's to date in
>the u.s.  another example, this of technology that has been resisted,
>is food irradiation.

http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html
a homepage for organic farmers
sals@rain.org