[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Support to third world organic association

Hi  I'm going to Kenya in aug. '97 to teach a permaculture design course
and help set up a permaculture training, education, demonstration,
research and resource center. I will return yearly for three years by
which time I expect that we will have top level group running things there
and the only reason for further visits will be to learn from them and/or
visit my friends.
Since I have to go over West Africa to get to East Africa from here, maybe
we could coordinate something. I think if we can get three or four groups
in different countries coordinated, we can be more successful and
fundraising and can use resources more efficiently. For example, travel
costs for imported teachers (e.g. me) would be much less. There are allied
synergies--I am promoting the development of a network of groups that
establish and maintain genetic reserves useful trees, e. g. for food,
fuel, forage, etc. The idea is to share genetic material and to insure
each other against disaster.  If you loose all your bananas to a freak
drought, the other groups can replace them. Plus exchange of propagation
information, culture information, etc.
Are you interested?  If so, please drop me email.
Dan Hemenway, Elfin Permaculture