[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Land-use struggles

Mark R. Adams wrote:

> In article <199608251657.JAA20858@one.mind.net>,
>    peace@mind.net (Olafur Brentmar) wrote:
> >We are
> >located in southwestern Oregon, where strict land use laws have been in
> >effect since 1973. A primary goal of these laws is to save farmland and
> >increase agricultural production. All development on farmland is
> >prohibited; even permits for farmhouses are tightly controlled.
> >

> As a township attorney currently engaged in a revision of the zoning (land
> use) ordinance for a rural township in Michigan, who is also an organic
> gardener and believer in sustainable living, I am sensitive to your plight.
> Our township wants to maintain its rural way of life in the face of intense
> and increasing development (residential subdivision) pressure.  Is anyone
> aware of any good source of zoning ordinance language or technical assistance
> to planning commissions that embodies sustainable principles but that is
> practical enough to be adopted by the voters?
>
> Mark Adams
I remember seeing some articles in Countryside Magazine (editor J.
Belanger). I am on vacation at relatives now and can't tell you what
issue. If you are interested e-mail to Greg (gmbean@sprynet.com) and I
can send you more information after I return home.

P.S. I think J. Belanger has an e-mail address on AOL.

		Good luck,
		Greg