[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

QUERY: horticulture gophers, WWW for Master Gardener project

I am working on a interesting project with my fellow Master Gardeners at the
U. of Illinois' Cooperative Extension.  We are planning to become volunteer
information providers on our local freenet, Prairienet.  We would like to
provide a menu of pointers to useful gopher, ftp, and WWW sources for
horticulture and gardening files/information as part of our menus.  We are
particularly interested in other Master Gardener programs who've gone
online (e.g.,Texas A&M Extension).

We have a pretty good list already but are looking for anything of
interest - for both DOS-based dialup access and Mosaic.  Any contributions
welcome - please e-mail me.  I can post results if there's enough interest.
Thanks.

If there are any Master Gardeners out there who are involved in similar
projects or would like to be - drop me a line, I'd be interested in
hearing from you.

    Karen Fletcher                            fletcher@prairienet.org
    "Eventually people realized that the information superhighway was
    essentially CB radio, but with more typing."        -  Dave Barry

Article 34049 of rec.gardens:
[...]

This document (R.G-FAQs) is the August 8, 1995 update of:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/R.G-FAQs
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/R.G-FAQs
For more information contact Lawrence London, london@sunSITE.unc.edu.

Accessing the Rec.Gardens Newsgroup's FAQ Collection at sunSITE

World Wide Web (lynx available via telnet for vt100 users)
WWW URL:
 http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/Information_By_Topic.html
 http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/Rec.Gardens-FAQs.html
 gopher://sunsite.unc.edu/11/.pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
         [add gardening/gardening-faqs/ to the path for the rec.gardens FAQs]
 ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
       [add gardening/gardening-faqs/ to the path for the rec.gardens FAQs]

Anonymous FTP:
  ftp sunSITE.unc.edu
  Login: anonymous
  Password: (enter your Internet e-mail ID)
  cd pub/academic
    cd agriculture/sustainable_agriculture
      cd gardening/gardening-faqs

WAIS (also available via telnet, follow login instructions)
Ftpmail (Send e-mail to ftpmail@sunsite.unc.edu for help file on ftpmail usage)

Gopher:
The Worlds of sunSITE
  Sustainable Agriculture Information