Re: weeds

In article <MOD$970928.18368@rec.gardens.ecosystems>, Jesse Dinkin
<netfam4@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Please help me save my marriage!!!!
>
> After reading Toxic Deception and  some other similar books I have no
> interest in using an herbicide to rid my lawn of weeds.
> What product or method can be used in lieu of herbicides or do I have to
>  just learn to live  with them.....
> PS my wife wants to use chemicals and I can't do  that.

Is it the "weeds" you can't live with? If you want a "perfect" manicured
pale green lawn, you may not have any luck without chemicals. There are
other ways. The biggest problem is that we ahve come to believe that lawn
mono-culture is the only way. I would recommend going out and getting some
organic gardening books at the library. I don't know where you are
located, but there's probably something local. Rodale puts out a lot of
great books adn are usually carried by libraries.

By the by, I haven't used pesticide, or herbicide on my lawn in three
years and the grass is doing just fine in the front yard. In the back
(where there is too much heat and sun for regular St. Aug) I have a
wildflower bed (local plants only) they do much better in the Texas heat.
If you decide to leave the synthetic chemical industry behind your going
to have to get more educated about what makes palnts work.
Caleb
Austin, TX zone 8b