Re: Composting Kitty Krud

The topic of composting dog and cat excretions has been a long-time topic
in the gardening newsgroups, and some expert opinions caution against doing
it.  While it is true that "everything eventually breaks down and can be
recycled by plants", there is apparently some pathogens that may be present
in the feces of carnivores that are not in, say, cow manure.  I think the
best answer is that the risk isn't worth the value of the added material.

--
Don Chapman
Bio/Organics Supply Center

#gondwana <gondwana@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article