[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
health effects of organic food
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: health effects of organic food
- From: ineke van vliet <Ineke.vanVliet@users.eco.wau.nl>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 15:21:37 +0000 (GMT)
- Date-warning: Date header was inserted by NET.WAU.NL
- Resent-date: Wed, 21 May 1997 16:52:08 +0000
- Resent-from: ineke van vliet <Ineke.vanVliet@users.eco.wau.nl>
- Resent-message-id: <vines.sRI8+XXNVnB@vines2.wau.nl>
Forwarded to: smtp@mail@alg[<email@example.com>]
Comments by: Ineke van Vliet@Users@ECO.WAU
-------------------------- [Original Message] -------------------------
My name is Ineke van Vliet and I am working on a desk study for a project
that questions the health effects of organic and conventional food.
The project is requested by the Dutch 'Platform for organic agriculture and
food', and will be supervised by Prof. Dr. ir. E.A. Goewie, Head of the
Department of Ecological Agriculture of the Wageningen Agricultural
The aim is to find all scientific data available on the question 'Is organic
food mor healthy than conventional food?', and write a REPORT THAT WILL BE
USED IN THE PUBLIC CAMPAIGN TO STIMULATE THE CONSUMPTION OF ORGANIC FOOD IN
In my search for data I found some results of feeding experiments on e.g.
rabbit, rats and chicken. Though results are not unambiguous, there might be
a tendency that organic food has a positive on fertility, resistence against
infections, growth and quality.
However, to get an overall picture I'm looking for more material to compare
I wonder if any one works on the subject of health effects of organic food.
Maybe you could advice me where to find publications or how to get in touch
with interesting research fellows.
Thank you already,
Ineke van Vliet