FW: Bamboo Industry, USA

Hello all meeting/workshop/course organizers,

One of the things I appreciate about the sanet-mg list is announcements for
upcoming meetings, workshops and courses. I am just itching to publicise
them further by listing them in the Calendar of Events section in our
journals (with the organizers' permission, of course). There is a problem
though with the amount of notice given for these events. We are working on
the August issues at the moment, so we need at least 3 months notice to get
them into our Calendars.

Would it be possible to have Advance Announcements of events, with details
of the title, dates and place of meetings, etc., and a contact person with
their address, telephone or e-mail address?

The Bamboo meeting is a case in point. We have 2 international journals (one
on Forestry and one on Agroforestry) that would have been ideal places to
advertise such an event. We publish about 50 journals on all aspects of
agriculture, so whatever your meeting is about there is probably a place
somewhere for an announcement.

Anton Doroszenko
a.doroszenko@cabi.org
http://www.cabi.org
http://pest.cabweb.org

>Bamboo Industry,  USA

>1997 Pacific Northwest Bamboo Agroforestry Workshop (PNW97)
>June 21-23, 1997 at Ft. Worden, Port Townsend, Washington

<snip>