Ag, Food and Human Values/ASFS conference

Howdy, all--

I've had messages from folks asking about follow-up or proceedings
from the 1997 joint meetings of the Agriculture, Food, and Human
Values Society and the Association for the Study of Food and
Society, just held here in Madison (June 5-8).

There are no formal proceedings.  We're suggesting that those of you
who want to get full-text versions of presentations you heard or
those of you who didn't attend who would like to know more, please
check out the conference Web site:

http://www.wisc.edu/cias/conf.html

The program of events and presenters is at:

http://www.wisc.edu/cias/prgm.html

And the abstracts of presentations that we had submitted to us are
at:

http://www.wisc.edu/cias/abstract.html

Contact the presenters directly for their papers.

What a joy, to see those of you SANETters who attended!  Thanks so
much for joining us in Madison.  I was called upon to explain a
number of times why our promised crop of mallard ducklings was low:
we're running about two weeks behind on warm weather.   :^)

peace
michele

(and Che', the CIAS Regional Food Systems chicken and official
conference mascot)
Michele Gale-Sinex, communications manager
Center for Integrated Ag Systems
UW-Madison College of Ag and Life Sciences
Voice: (608) 262-8018   FAX: (608) 265-3020
http://www.wisc.edu/cias/

In the towers of steel, belief goes on
and on, in this heartland, in this heartland
soil.  --U2