Re: food & water

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Ray Howe wrote:

> This is nutso. I grow tomatoes on my deck in pots and I get a helluva
> lot more tomatoes from a trivial amount of water than these made-up
> guesstimates of 500 liters h2o per kilo of spuds would allow....

We have to remember that most of this water comes from annual rainfall.
Most grain corn in this country is grown by dryland farming methods.
Dryland farming makes up a part of this nation's acreage.

Tom Armstrong   toma@crl.com  Sequera Ranch s.1892  San Gregorio, CA
Barnyard Technology--- Ideas for tomorrow -> from yesterday's scrap.
         4th -> 5th gen. on family farm. Can Ag Sustain?
   A ghost town fights its way back.. http://www.crl.com/~toma/