Re: Giant ragweed weed control

In the latest issue of the New Farmer and Grower (UK publication), they
wrote about a farmer in the UK who built a home made swather type device
for weed control. It was used above the crop prior to harvest reducing
competition to the crop and eliminating most of their wild oat seed
reproduction problem.  It may be possible a similar device could work with
the giant ragweed. The inventor is currently looking for manufacturers for
the device. You can contact the  New farmer and Grower at  E-mail:
Soilassoc@gn.apc.org.

Roger Samson
Publisher

Sustainable Farming