Re: What is permaculture?

> > "This question "what is permaculture" sometimes
> > carries with it the assumption that there is one
> > common definition or a "right" definition."
>
> Toby Hemenway wrote:
> I wasn't looking for yet another definition of permaculture. My question
> was, Where does permaculture fit into our system of knowledge? meaning,
> What makes it so hard to define, explain, and comprehend?

Is it possible we have trouble describing Pc because of our
assumptions and cultural conditioning?  Chomsky once remarked
that we have language to describe things our culture understands.
But ideas that do not fit very well are difficult to describe and
often require adjustments to language and thinking.

These thoughts lead me to the conclusion that how we ask
a questions is often more important than their answers.  Control
the questions and you control thinking.  Anyway, that is the
reasoning behind my original comment.  A simplier way to
say it might be:  One reason we have trouble describing
Pc is due to the assumptions in thinking and questions.

jeff