Re: (fwd) Re: Grey Water/Ponds

Hi,

Have read the posts with interest:)

Right now it's pouring and rain/groudwater from the surrounding hillsides are
rushing down the drainage ways built by former owner or carved out by the
water.

So I'm trying to turn this problem...flooding banks, boggy areas to an asset.

First above new house site about 100' is an 8' drainage way that varies in
depth that runs from the hillsides SE of the house for at least a 1/4 mile
before snaking into woods and joining other small drainages, or creating bogs.

I'd like to channel that water and am wondering if I widen that drainage if I
could create a series of cascading ponds of various sizes fairly
inexpensively.

Soil is heavy clay and will hold water. Too bad there were not some beavers
nearby. I believe they would have done this for me:)

Any ideas, comments.  Thanks.  Frank