Re: [permaculture] weeds? (Star thistle)

Anecdotal info on star thistle:

After we had bought some property in southern Oregon, we noticed quite a lot of star
thistle growing along the paths & roadways. I recall this plant many years ago--& what a
painful experience it is to walk through a field of it. I also noticed patches of
so-called Russian thistle--anyhoo, I started hoeing down the star thistle & mattocking
(using a small mattock) the Russian thistle. After two years of this (not that horrible,
because iam almost 70 now,) the yellow star thistle is very hard to find; the Russian
thistle is always a challenge! Do not ask for magic solutions--there are none. You just
have to get out & hoe.

stan larson