Re: [permaculture] weeds?

Thistle are very high in potassium so make good compost according to
Ehrenfried E. Pfeiffer, a biodynamic writer, states that the best time to
kill thistle is after it is pollenated by removing all the heads "it will
wilt and bleed
to death".  You might checkout "Weeds and Why They Grow" by Jay L. McCaman
the book is available from the author at Box 22, Sand Lake, MI 49343 Phone:
616 636 8226.