GBlist: Congress to Sell-Out American Inventors?

It is here a cool Morning in Atlanta , Georgia, So I say to you
individually ..Good Morning....And more importantly as a Group of thinking
important people to me... Good Morning and WAKEUP To this.....

Please a moment of your time . Please moments of your consideration. This
is about the actions taking place to sell out a time provened and honored
pillar of America. This is not Junk Email. This is not an attempt to sell
you something. This is a call to arms of key board and pen. This is about a
threat to the very fabric of American Creativity. I ask that you review the
following that I have attached and move immediately to add your voice and
send it on to notify all that you can so that we may all together take
action before it is too late.
Thankyou for your time and consideration,
John H. Alderman III
>Date: Tue, 15 Apr 97 16:52:13 -0700
>From: Virginia McMillan <jinks@u.washington.edu>
>To: consensus-l@eskimo.com
>Subject: Congress to Sell-Out American Inventors?
>
>Conservative Consensus(tm)
> Events * Analysis * Commentary * Forecasts * Readers' Opinions
>What in the world is going on?   www.eskimo.com/~ccnrs/news.html
>
>Security Column * V3X11 * 15/Apr/97 * ISSN 1074-245X
>

>            Congress To Sell-Out American Inventors?
>

>     A   dangerous   ---  and  if  passed  disastrous  Bill  ---
>defrauding   U.S.    inventors  comes  before  the  Congress  on
>Thursday, 17 April.
>
>     We  have  documented  two previous efforts by multinational
>corporations  to  weaken  or destroy the patents granted to U.S.
>inventors.   It would seem that Congress has now picked up where
>the President left off, and is selling what remains of America's
>interests  for  a few bucks in its campaign coffers.  This third
>effort  will  pass  if your Representatives do not hear from you
>before Thursday.
>
>     The  Bill  to  kill is HR 400, deceptively named the Patent
>Publication  Act.   It  would in fact publish patents --- before
>they  are  granted  to  U.S.  inventors.  Most inventors, having
>sunk  their  hearts,  minds,  and  what  they have left of their
>wallets into their inventions, would be hard-pressed to find the
>resources   to   mount  a  lawsuit  against  a  multi-  national
>corporation,  which  steals  their  patent  from  the (mandated)
>publication.
>
>     If you wish to be heard on this, we recommend that you urge
>HR  400  be  killed,  and the Rohrabacher Substitute be adopted.
>There  will  be bait- and-switch going on, but this wording will
>be  safe.  The Rohrabacher Substitute will actually restore some
>of  the  rights  already lost in last year's (nearly successful)
>attempt to destroy our intellectual property rights.
>
>     A statement from the Congressional Record (5 March 1997) by
>Rep.   Rohrabacher has been appended to this release.  Following
>Rohrabacher's  statement  we  have  appended our release by John
>Trudel  from  last  year,  which explains in more detail what is
>going on.  The Bill numbers in the Trudel document are outdated,
>but the effects would be similar.
>                        ---   ---   ---
>COPYRIGHT  1997  by  Conservative  Consensus  (unless  otherwise
>noted).    Please   redistribute  widely,  provided  nothing  is
>changed,   and   our   headers   and   trailers  remain  intact.
>Publications may reprint provided credit is given.
>
>NEED  AN  ALTERNATIVE to the agenda-driven, mainline news media?
>Join our list! Send email with SUBSCRIBE as the subject to:
>
>                 CONSENSUS-L-REQUEST@eskimo.com
>
>TELEVISION  SHOW AVAILABLE! Guests, issues, news and commentary!
>We  tell  you  what others can't.  Should we be on in your area?
>Email ccnrs@eskimo.com for details.
>
>VISIT  our  Website:  Two  great  newsletters!  Plus,  get free,
> [...]
John H. Alderman III			Mountain Ice/AlderHood/AlderCool

4318 Castle Gate Drive		AlderLab / AlderWatch / AlderWave
Lithonia, GA
30058-6869                		AlderTech Consulting / Alderstore

PO Box 1685				mountain@randomc.com
Decatur, GA 30031-1685		http://www.randomc.com/~mountain/

770-985-8849 voice	     770-985-2902 fax	   770-699-1529 page
CN3634GA		     Former USN NEC 3361/4245
USEPA CERT HAZMAT
Former Scoutmaster
now Asst Scoutmaster Troop 107,