Re: GBlist: Re: Strawbale Moisture Failures

Bion Howard wrote:

> Before we publicly mention a bunch of ways they COULD fail
> leading to potential misquoting and misuse of undocumented
> opinion, let's get the facts.  I will be happy to compile
> such case histories that may come to light...
> Bion:

I saw the same failure as did David Kibbey. It was pretty dramatic.
It's a garden shed at Shenoa in northern California.  Bob Theis and Dan
Smith of DSA, who have done a lot of strawbale design work, were there,
and if you wanted an architect's case history, they may be the one's to
contact (510)526-1935. We immediately did some borings in the nearby
Cottage 13 that they built a year before...found ZERO evidence of excess
moisture & decomposition.

Seth