Re[2]: GBlist: Re: Greywater & Lighting in NYC

    Marilyn,

    I had never heard that before.  The US EPA Green Lights program
    recommends them, however after further reading I've discovered that
    they do recommend them for spaces where "occupancy is infrequent or
    unpredictable, such as private offices, conference rooms, storage
    rooms, or rest rooms".

    The more I think about it, the less appropriate they are for the home,
    especially if they use that much energy to turn on.

    I suppose it depends on how much energy the sensor takes to start and
    run versus how often people forget to turn off the lights for long
    periods of time.  Did the people at Phillips give you any numbers for
    the energy requirements?

    Thanks for the info.

    Ken