GBlist: Hot Water Heaters

Steve,

You wrote--

>Whoever it was that indicated that information on hot water heating
>systems could be found at:
>http://www.energy.ca.gov/energy/efficiency/appliances/index.html
>was wrong.
>
>There is no information there concerning efficient electric hot water
>heating.

In my message, I also stated that there was an ftp address at the web
site
listed above. The web page says that the entire database of appliances
is
available at the ftp site ftp://sna.com/pub/users/efftech, or via the
CEC
BBS. If you will take the next step of clicking your mouse on the
database
ftp address shown on the web site, you will go to the appliance
database.
Once there, click again on the ascii_text files, or, if you prefer, the
dbf
files. In the ascii_text files you will find specs for thousands of
electric water heaters.

Your apology is awaited.

Mike

O'Brien & Associates
Environmental Building Consultants
Portland General Electric Earth Smart program
obrien@hevanet.com