GBlist: solar composting toilets

Hello all!  Hope all is well...

This is a general request for specific info on solar composting toilets.
I want to include a solar composting toilet in a house design in the Mt
Shasta area in CA but apparently the county has a restriction on that.
Does anyone know why?
Also, where can i find more info on solar composting toilet designs, for
different climates, different cultures, etc..?  What are the specifications
and codes on them?

Anyone who have used, designed, built, etc.. a solar composting toilet and
would like to share their perspectives and suggestions please e-mail me
directly.

thanks very much...
peace and good will!
 a b tran.