Re: GBlist: high performance on-site window test

Mike,
NOT TRUE.  Not only is it OK to install self-mudding windows, it is ALSO ok
to install self washing (condensation) self drying (air leakage) and other
wonders of modern building science.  Oh, and do we REALLY need to see out of
them?  Wonder what kind of windows the builder installed in HIS home?
Chris Mathis
MCSquared

<< Steve Loken and I visited new tract homes in Reno, Nevada in which
 metal-frame double glazed windows with condensation gutters had been
 installed. The gutters had weep holes to allow water to drain to the
 outside. The holes also allowed wind-blown dust to enter the gutter, where
 it mixed with condensed water and turned to mud on the new sills.

 Seems to me that for $149,000, one should reasonably expect mud-free window
 sills.

 Mike