RE: GBlist: auto use

I just attended a lecture over the weekend regarding the impact of the
automobile in the Phoenix metropolitan area, which is dominated by
suburban development. The lecturer used local and national figures
(i.e.- auto & associated infrastructure takes up about 60% of land in
our metro area). He mentioned a recent book entitled Asphalt Nation by
Jane Holtz Kay. This may be a good source for the type of info you're
looking for.

Anthony Floyd
afloyd@ci.scottsdale.az.us