GBlist: sustainable, F/E demo projects in southern CA?

Are there any exciting demonstrations of noteworthy sustainable (green) energy
projects that "must" be visited while in the Los Angeles/San Diego area for a
week, starting this Saturday? Any interesting examples or projects (especially
those marked with an "*") demonstrating state-of-the-art:

*1) sustainable/self-sufficient architecture (ie. office buildings -
    Ridgehaven Municipal Building (?), Center for Regenerative Studies (?)
 2) sustainable/healthy communities (new or retrofit)
*3) healthy buildings (IAQ)
 4) renewable energy projects (especially PV/co-gen, wind farms)
 5) energy efficiency (esp. solar stirling engines)
*6) free-energy devices (of particular interest)
 7) appropriate technology
 8) hydrogen projects
*9) electric cars (ie. car dealership?)

Please contact me at my e-mail address, since I am not a subscriber to
some of these listserves. Thank you for any recommendations or contacts
BEFORE SATURDAY MORNING July 26.
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
 -  in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
   environmental/architectural design, ecological planning,  consulting
   on sustainable  buildings/communities. Lectures, seminars, workshops.
   3 demonstration projects in Canada, +80,000 visitors
 - living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
ACE, ARE, ACT, ASH-Incs., Phone: (403) 239-1882, Fax: (403) 547-2671
Web Site [under construction]:http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm