Re: GBlist: Living Machines

>Is there anyone out there that is using this system for an individual
>home site and what does it cost (range)?

Pliny Fisk et al from Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems in
Austin TX was working on a house with Ken Haggard and Polly Cooper used a
varient of this technology for a single house. As I recall one of the walls
was the "living machine" ...  In the odd conversation that I have have with
John Todd (none recently) and other active in commercializing this
technology, they have represented it as being most suited to larger scale
uses/users.
When we (ARC Design Group) have been presented with single-building users,
we have preferred the composting toilet (fecal) and root-zone planter bed
(greywater) treatment combination. This seems a reasonable approach .. but
these technologies are in their infancy so far as as their integration with
small and mid-scale projects is concerned.

Bruce Coldham