Re: GBlist: Re: Cinva Ram

>The Earthbuilders
>Encyclopedia lists 14 different names used in different countries.  I
>have personally seen models that were made in France, India, and
>Australia (none of which were mentioned in the EC).

In the Iris Catalog, we sell a book that sounds remarkably similar. It's
called "Earth Constuction: A Comprehensive Guide." and it shows about a
dozen different kinds of block presses. It's chock full of technical
details and illustrations. While it uses the "comprehensive" in the
title, it focuses mostly on soil issues and earth blocks of various
kinds. There's a small section on rammed earth. You can see more
information at:

     www.oikos.com/irisinfo/catalog/books/earthconst.html

The authors, Hugo Houben and Hubert Guillard, are with CRATerre-EAG in
Grenoble, France.

Bruce S