GBlist: Re: EEBA-L: Modelling (energy software)

I have used mainly  DOE-2.1, Energy10, and REM-Design
for several years (each) for different scales of
analyses.  Each has advantages and disadvantages and
in my opinion, there is as yet no "perfect" energy
efficiency analysis software tool.  So I have tried
to become proficient at using a few principal ones.
One advantage is ability to reuse materials libraries
and generic building designs in the modeling process
to save time and reduce errors.

More information on myriad energy design analysis
software is available at:

  http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/tools_directory/

----
EEBA is also now concluding analysis of its recent energy
software survey, and results will be posted on EEBA_L and
on the EEBA website for review.  Early results indicate
a good deal of work remains to be done to satisfy user
needs in this area.  Existing tools are not inadequate,
so much as lacking in certain specific user needs.

--------------- Contact Information------------------
        Mr. Bion D. Howard, Principal
  Building Environmental Science & Technology
  P. O. Box 1007, Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20773 USA
 bdhoward@ix.netcom.com <--> http://www.nrg-builder.com
     Voice#  410-867-8000  fax#  301-889-0889