GBlist: searching for horror stories

Greenbuilding and EE-Building pals,

Hope this post finds you all healthy and happy.

In preparing for an all day "Windows" workshop at the fall Energy Efficient
Building Association (EEBA) conference, we have set aside some time for
"Window Horror Stories" (of which there are WAY too many).....  Having read a
few such stories on the "greenbuilding" and "ee-building" lists, I thought I
would see how deep the well truly is....

If any of you have any stories or photos or both that describe problems with
"energy efficient", "green" or otherwise "regular" windows, I would very much
like to share them with the conference attendees this fall.  (All slides or
info provided would be (1) kept anonymous or (2) referenced as you
desire....)  If there are "happy endings" or "lessons learned" we would like
to share those as well!!!)  Can pertain to new construction or to
rehab/retrofit.

The WINDOWS workshop is November 5 in Denver preceeding the EEBA conference.
 We plan to de-bunk a lot of the myths about window and glazing performance
and to provide some guidelines for comparing and selecting products.  We
expect this session at the EEBA conference to be full of "eye openers".

THANKS in advance for your help with this educational endeavor.  Any
materials you might provide will be returned.   Please email stories, call or
send photos directly to:
  R. Christopher Mathis
  MCSquared
  5249 Columbia Road