GBlist: window thermal shock

Further to the below request re: window horror stories, here is one from
our own experience.

During a -28 Dc February sunrise, within 30 minutes (9:00-9:30 AM), we
were able to break 4 south-facing windows when someone came into the office
late and was not able to open our very efficient window shades and the
experimental dual colour venetian blinds (W & B). The black side was facing
outward. A few days later when I returned from out of town, I personally
simulated this situation. Temperature in the window cavity: 100 Dc! Excellent
example of "thermal shock" (delta T 128 Dc) on the window. But not all the
windows broke (lucky for us?). Just some. Now those R-5.2 COG, have been
replaced with R-6.3 COG krypton filled "of the shelf" windows.