GBlist: Re: comments on housing costs

97.08.29	1453	edt

Did the timberframer poster really write that German house construction ran
$300/sf some years ago?  Does anyone even have the power to conceive of the
implications for our market of that level of costs?

BTW, we rcntly bought a German made oven for our restaurant.  Seems that it
was just a little wide for American doors, 38.25 inches.  No warning of
this by the mfr, caused us to have to tear up our door frame at the last
minute, not fun or helpful on our old log cabin.

It seems that German doors are almost universally non-std sizes, so no big
deal to face this kind of thing there.

jh