GBlist: residential water usage

Chris & Ruth Koehn:

Some notes on my houshold water consumption, for your information.

Recently, I  looked at my water bills. My average daily consumption is a
tad more than 80 gallons per day.

I live in a 1.5 story 45 year old cape in Northern Vermont.  I live
alone, no kids, in suburbia.  Most of the plumbing fixtures  are circa
1950, and use water accordingly.  Only my 2.0 gpm shower head approaches
modern efficiency.

When my x lived here, the average was 90 to 100 gallons per day.

The poor overall water efficiency of my home also extends to the thermal
envelope with 1.5 inches of fiberglass wall batts, old monster cast iron
coal furnace uograded to nat gas with retrofit blower, operates at 50%
efficiency, on good days.

I work as a self employed HVAC design/commissioning consultant with a
strong record in design of high performance HVAC systems.  That explains
the dismal person efficiency standards, conforming to the old rule about
plumbers having leaky faucets.

Tom Anderson