Re: GBlist: reidential water usage

Chris:
One reference worth examining is EPA's Exposure Factors Handbook. Check
their website (http://www.epa.gov/ORD/WebPubs/exposure/) for a PDF edition.
I'm one of the authors of that section covering residential parameters
(either 16 or 17, if memory serves), and water usage is covered in fair
detail (Charlie Wilkes did a pretty intensive summary of the literature up
to 1996). There's even a breakdown by water use appliance. My copy isn't
handy (natch), so I can't confirm the chapter number. The document, by the
way, is still in draft status (pending response to Science Advisory Board
comments), but these numbers are unlikely to change.

... Harry