Re: GBlist: ideal environmental window

Chris/John/Mathius: Further to the above  and the message of below, what
would you like to see in the ideal environmental window?

Perhaps the cladding to protect the exterior wood could be:
1) baked on or elecrostatically applied environmentally-sound paint
2) prepainted or enamelled recycled steel
3) or recycled plastic (don't like this as much)

The wood could be strawboard (but I don't know the u-value yet) rather than 50
year-old trees, with treatment being "Lifetime" (natural) preservative? I have
experience with each of these materials but not in a window. Suggestions welcomed.
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
-  in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
   environmental/architectural design, ecological planning,  consulting
   on sustainable  buildings/communities. Lectures, seminars, workshops.
   3 demonstration projects in Canada, +80,000 visitors
 - living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
ACE, ARE, ACT, ASH-Incs., Phone: (403) 239-1882, Fax: (403) 547-2671
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm
e-mail: <jdo@acs.ucalgary.ca>