GBlist: Carpet glue

	What suggestions could anybody make for carpet adhesive that is VOC
free?  I am a jazz musician in a dilemma.  I have been hired to play a steady
gig in a new club - but the owner wants to do some major renovating before
opening - tile - carpet - paint as well as some remodeling.  I have
Environmental Illness - with multiple chemical sensitivites - and when our
church re-carpeted, it was over a year before I could go back without major
symptoms.  I last about 10 minutes in the new Walmart that just opened.  I know
there are many factors involved in construction/renovation, but I have high
suspicions about the carpet glue.
	I have talked to the contractor, and the tile adhesive he uses is ECO
300, which is aparently VOC free, and the spec sheet sounds pretty good on it.
The only listed dangerous ingredient is silica crystalline,Quartz - 10-30%.
The carpet glue he wants to use is the Roberts 3000 which doesn't sound as
friendly, listing mineral spirits - 3 1/2 % as its hazardous ingredient, and a
host of potential side effects from exposure.  The contractor doesn't seem to
have much time to discuss my concerns - his solution is to say - I don't think
it will be a problem.  Anyway - I've also explored the tacfast carpet system,
and this sounds very good, but again, the local contractor is unfamiliar with
this, and not too excited about finding out details.
	Could anybody make suggestions as to the friendliest - most chemical
free way of doing the renovating thing - especially the carpet.  Are all
carpets pretty much equally friendly themselves, chemical wise - outside of
going to a wool carpet.  This is a commercial venture, so durability is a
concern. Does tile tend to be a chemically friendlyier way to go?  The plus
side of this is that the room is ventilated for a commercial/smoking area, so
should be pretty good.
	Thanks for any help.  I've been really enjoying reading this list.  I
believe I have seen responses from someone in Calgary.  Maybe we could link up
in terms of supliers in this area for some friendlier products.  Medicine Hat
is pretty much in the dark when it comes to *greenbuilding*.
Lyle Rebbeck
Medicine Hat College
Medicine Hat, Alberta